Stubborn Beauty Brewing Co. is hosting a grand opening on Saturday, March 1, and you’re all invited!
Here’s what you need to know. After all the details comes the info on the beers!
Time, Date, Location: The grand opening will take place from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday at 180 Johnson St., Middletown.
Payment: Bring cash, as the brewery isn’t equipped for credit cards yet.
Samples: "Our samples will always be free however there is a limit," according to Stubborn Beauty Brewing Co.'s Facebook page. "One of our servers will hand you a tasting card. You are welcome to have up to five samples."
Growlers: You can bring other growlers to be filled, but they must be clean and have a cap.
32 oz. growlers are available, with a $3 deposit.
Growler Club Info: For $125, you receive half-price fills in your 64 oz. stainless steel growler for a year. As of Feb. 21, there were 20 spots left in the club. Email email@example.com for more info.
Hours of Operation: Noon to 5 p.m. on Saturdays
Address/Directions: 180 Johnson St., Middletown. When you enter the parking lot, stay to the right of the building. The brewery is about ¾ of the way down.
The following list is what’s on tap for opening day. The descriptions are from the Stubborn Beauty Brewing Co. Facebook page. The percentages refer to the ABV, or alcohol-by-volume — the measurement of alcoholic content in the beer.
- How Rye I Am - Rye Saison - 8 percent -Highly aromatic with a silky rich mouth feel and belgian farmhouse flavor. Brewed with copious amounts of rye malt.
- Kommandant Lassard - Dunkelweizen - 5.5 percent - Banana esters up front and a medium body with chocolate notes and finishing with hints of apple, pear and clove.
- Don't Call Me Porter Justice - Porter - 7.7 percent - Our non-signature porter brewed out of necessity. Chocolate and coffee notes throughout. Smooth.
- Speaking in Tongues - Black IPA - 8 percent - Dark and hoppy, subtle hints of roast with a smooth bitterness. We wouldn't be upset if you thought this was a hoppy stout either!
- Nummy Nummy - IIPA - 8.1 percent - Our signature big IPA. Hop forward aroma with citrus, grapefruit and an in your face juicy hop flavor that gets more complex as the beer warms.