On September 19, around 3 PM, State Police Troop F was dispatched to a report of a violation of a protective order at 31 Cedar Lake Road in Haddam. According to Haddam Resident Trooper Tfc. Enrico Milardo, the investigation was regarding a complaint made to State Police on that day by the alleged ex-girlfriend of 34-year-old Gregory Raymond Giboski.
"The accused allegedly made recent threats to her while she was protected under a court ordered protective order," Tfc. Milardo said. "We received information that the accused may have been unlawfully in possession of firearms, therefore we subsequently applied for a search and seizure warrant and the warrant was approved and executed by myself, Tfc Connelly and other Troopers from Troop F, during the early morning hours of 9/20/13 at the accused residence at 31 Cedar Lake Rd Haddam."
Following the search, two assault rifles, illegal fireworks, various caliber ammunition and several other items were seized, according to the police report.
Giboski, was taken into custody without incident and charged with the following:
- Sale, use and possession of fireworks
- Two counts of possession of an assault weapon
- Risk of injury to a child
- Breach of peace: Threatening
- Two counts of violations of conditions of release
- Two counts of violation of a protective order
- Two counts of threatening
- Reckless endangerment in the 1st degree: No intimidation intended