Over the last couple of years, Patch has reported on and featured reader-driven stories of wildlife in Connecticut as well as in our own backyards. It seems as if some wild animal is always making news in Haddam, East Haddam or Killingworth!
- Feb 2013 Bobcat Sighting on Maple Avenue
- Feb 2013 A New Mountain Lion Sighting in Connecticut?
- Jan 2012 Please Don’t Shoot the Bears
- Feb 2012 Is this a Mountain Lion?
- May 2012 Mountain Lion sighting in Higganum
- May 2012 Black Bear Sighted in East Haddam
- August 2012 Lion Spotted in Essex
- Sept 2012 DEEP Kills CT Black Bear Spotted in Killingworth
- Nov 2012 Organization Sets Out to Document Presence of Wild Mountain Lions in CT
- June 2011 Mountain Lions? For Real?
- June 2011 Milford Mountain Lion Trekked from South Dakota
- Oct 2011 Mountain Lion Sighting in East Haddam
- Nov 2011 CT Mountain Lions: The Real story
Yes, this is only a sampling. Either wild animals are really big news out in this area or Patch really knows how to keep a story going...on...and...on...and on...